Kenya at last

Karen and I have finally arrived in Kenya and are waiting for our train to take us to Mombasa on the coast. I must say I'm pretty excited to lay on the beach, go snorkeling, eat crab and learn about the Swahili culture.

The last festival at Opit in Gulu was awesome! We had a great turn out and many came to Christ! Several of us walked through the camp inviting people. We got to see more of life in a refugee camp and brighten smiles with gifts of glow sticks! It was fun to just hold kids hands and dance for one more night! After 8 long days of ministry and hard work, the Lord brought over 6500 people to Him!! That is incredible, with so many choosing Christ you know that Gulu will be transformed forever! (I'll try to write more about Uganda and post some pics when I have more internet time. )

Our last 2 days were mostly spent cramped up in hot combie vans traveling through some of the worst roads you've seen. I think I still have motion sickness! But it was fun making new friends and memories. We did spent one night at a safari resort and took a juingle cruise yesterday morning. Think Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland but with real animals. It was a great way to end a long week!

I do have a couple prayer requests:
-I've been sick the past couple days, mostly a head cold, but I did lose my voice again. So prayer for recovery and rest would be wonderful!
-I lost my jump-drive and I think I left it at a computer lab in Gulu. I have contacted someone to try to retrieve it, so pray that it will somehow find it's way back to me.
-Safe travels for Karen and I in Kenya. We still have details to work out and we need wisdom to make safe transportation choices. You can pray for our "stuff" to stay with us too.
-Prayer for my transition back to America. I'm a little anxious and not sure what God has for me yet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Much Love from Africa,

Erica

Comments

Dan said…
Great reports Erica! Funny and sad that you left your USB in N. Uganda! WHat are you planning for debrief when you return? THis will make or break the effectiveness (on you) of your trip. Can't wait to see you again and share in your JOY...
Anonymous said…
It must be so nice to finally have someone with you that know so well. You'll be hom ein two weeks and I can't wait to hear all your exciting stories!
Crysie
Anonymous said…
Erica,

I have never been more proud of you! God bless you.

With lots of love,

Dad
Joseph Smith Jr said…
I pray for the restoration of Erica's voice and for any sickness to go away by the mighty blood of Jesus, because "by your wounds we are healed". I pray for better health and restoration to finish strong and to be used mightily in this last month. I also pray that what has been lost will be found. Even though there may seem to be little hope, we don't give up faith but believe Lord that this little device with so much information will be returned soon by your handiwork! God we pray for your glory to reign supreme and that your kingdom would come on Earth as it is in heaven even more still in this last leg of the trip for Erica. I pray that as it was in Acts 5 where the prisoners were accused "and here you have filled Jersalem with your teaching" that in Kenya and the other places she has traveled the gospel and the love of Christ would still be flowing and finding it's seed in good soil. May those places be filled with the teaching of Christ! Amen
the fordices said…
Can you come home already! Carter is growing up way to fast. I pray that you and Karen have a fabulous time. Take some time to really debrief, relax and rest in the Lord! Your next big adventure awaits you!!

Love you girl,
Michele

Popular Posts