Getting Around

So after having a big upset in my route home...I started thinking about transportation and all the different ways I've gotten around the past 3 months. It was pretty incredible for me to think of all the modes of transportation I've taken to see this big world. I've taken the following:

-Planes big and small (a total of 12 flights so far, and I still have 2 more to go....hopefully not more than that!)
-Trains
-Subways/Metro/Underground
-Cars/trucks/SUV's/Jeeps
-Combie's (sort of a big van type vehicle and usually pretty run down)
-buses (big and small, public and private)
-Boats
-Canoes
-Motorbikes/Bodha bodha's (the scariest mode of transport)
-Bicycles (in many counties)
-Rickshaws (motorized and pulled by bike)
-Horse
-Elephant (strangest way to get around)
-Windsurf board and boogie boards (those were the funnest)
-and of course my own 2 feet walking.....I wonder how many steps I've taken????

Ok anyway, that was kind of fun to figure out. So I sit here in Washington DC, back in America and I am pondering all the places I've been, remembering all the people I met. It is a little overwhelming to be honest. I have anxiety upon returning, the unknown that sits before me. It has been nice living in the eternal now for a change, not worrying about the future or recovering from the past. I've enjoyed my moment by moment days. This morning I read through some Psalms and read one of my favorite verses Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." Such a good reminder when the world seems to be going 100 mph around you. God is sovereign, He planned this whole trip of mine, He has His purposes and He knows where He is taking me from here. I was actually encouraged by the second part of that verse that is usually overlooked or passed by. In the NASB the verse says "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." How cool is that. I've spent a majority of my thinking during this trip trying to figure out how the Lord's name can be known and magnified amongst the nations. But God says "cease striving." Oh yeah...He will do it! He just keeps whispering to me that my part is to be available. Be available to answer His call when the opportunity arises. Be ready to answer, be ready to reach out a helping hand, keep smiling and showing those around you the love of Christ in your heart. He is sovereign, that is what I need to remember....He will be exalted, that is a promise!

Comments

Popular Posts