A new experience
I love Uganda! I have had the most amazing time so far in Gulu. God has been showing me just how big He really is and how nothing is impossible for Him. I again keep pinching myself that I get to be a part of something He is doing here.
Yesterday we had a morning to organize and prepare for the upcoming week. The medical team spent the day organizing and setting up for our pharmacy. We brought tons of suitcases full of medical supplies, vitamins, de-wormers, reading glasses, and toothbrushes. We'll be doing medical outreach in the largest refugee camp Thursday-Saturday. Please pray for organization and endurance for the team. We'll see some very tough things, so pray for our eyes and hearts and that they can continue to stay soft and full of mercy.
At the festival last night I had a most unusual thing happen to me. I sat down with a couple women and their children at the edge of the field. They had a newborn baby with them and I tried to communicate through the language barrier. They called over a pastor a while later and told him they wanted to talk with me. We started chatting and then they told the pastor that they wanted me to name the newborn baby! I was like, really?? Me? Ok...So the first name I could think of was Issac, so that is this new baby Ugandan boy. Pretty cool experience, I don't even have children of my own, but I'm naming other people's babies!
Today Karen, myself and 2 other women are spending 2 hours with some widows in town just ministering to them and praying for them. We start pastor's conferences tonight and the 4 of us are each doing one break out session for the women pastors the next 4 days. I will be speaking on Wednesday night (Wed. morning for Portland) and Karen is speaking Friday afternoon. I'll be teaching on the sinful woman in Luke 7 and tying in my testimony. The theme will be about forgiveness....how God forgives us and how we should forgive others. I would appreciate all the prayers that you could offer!
My time is running out but I hope to write more later this week. Love you all!
Comments