England may be cold, but it is fun!
I've had an enjoyable last couple days eating westernized food and spending time with good friends. Saturday we made a thanksgiving meal, turkey, stuffing and all! It was so good! See the photo below of Katie and my lovely attempt at making turkey the way our moms do. Sunday Katie, Rob and a couple of their friends and I spent the day in York. This is where my friend Katie went to grad school and lived for 20 months. I loved York! It has so much history and charm. We walked around the shamble district which used to be a bunch of butcheries back in the day, but are now shops. The houses were built like 1000 years ago or something and all have bending beams and slanted floors, see quite charming. My favorite was this fudge shop where you can watch them make some of the creamiest, yummiest fudge I've ever tasted! See my excitement below as I prepare to taste this sugary goodness.



Yesterday I took the train to the west to visit my friend Tabitha. She is going to Capernwray Bible college in this big castle. It was nice to visit and spend the day walking around a scene straight out of Pride and Prejudice. Seriously, it was a bunch of rolling green hills with sheep pastures and cute little stone cottages. It was exactly what I thought a English countryside should look like. Back in Leeds Rob treated Katie and I to an amazing Italian dinner....I was in heaven, that's all I have to say. Today is my last day in Leeds, so I'm going to spend some time with Katie at her job in the market and walking around town. There is this museum near by where you can see all the royal armouries....that should be exciting!!! Tomorrow is a train to London to catch my plane back to America.....more thoughts on that later :)

Yesterday I took the train to the west to visit my friend Tabitha. She is going to Capernwray Bible college in this big castle. It was nice to visit and spend the day walking around a scene straight out of Pride and Prejudice. Seriously, it was a bunch of rolling green hills with sheep pastures and cute little stone cottages. It was exactly what I thought a English countryside should look like. Back in Leeds Rob treated Katie and I to an amazing Italian dinner....I was in heaven, that's all I have to say. Today is my last day in Leeds, so I'm going to spend some time with Katie at her job in the market and walking around town. There is this museum near by where you can see all the royal armouries....that should be exciting!!! Tomorrow is a train to London to catch my plane back to America.....more thoughts on that later :)
Comments