England is so cold!
Well I've finally arrived in England and stayed with my good friends Katie and Rob last night in Leeds. Oh my gosh....My body went through shock last night as I went from a comfortable 85 degree sunny weather to below 40 degrees. I am FREEZING!!!!!!!!!! I have been wearing like 3 layers and blankets and still I am so cold. This I need to note...don't go on vacation to a bunch of places that are warm and sunny and come back during the heart of winter. Hopefully I'll be adjusted by the time I get to Portland.
My flight was wonderful leaving Africa. I've had a lot of great time journeling and reflecting through the past 3 months. I know that there is so much more to uncover and discover over the next several months too. Being in Europe is a bit of a shock, seeing everyone dressed up in trendy winter clothes and nice and clean! Sometimes you think that the reverse culture-shock wont be too bad, but then you see the things you do and you realize that it is pretty intense. But I am excited for my time in England....Today we are cooking up a Thanksgiving meal with some of Katie and Rob's friends. This will probably be the most amazing meal I've had in a while!!! Tomorrow we'll be spending the day in York, where Katie went to grad school. Monday I'll be taking a train up to see Tabitha and Tuesday I get to spend the day with Katie at work! We are going grocery shopping for our feast tonight...but I'll write more later on thoughts as I leave the developing world.
My flight was wonderful leaving Africa. I've had a lot of great time journeling and reflecting through the past 3 months. I know that there is so much more to uncover and discover over the next several months too. Being in Europe is a bit of a shock, seeing everyone dressed up in trendy winter clothes and nice and clean! Sometimes you think that the reverse culture-shock wont be too bad, but then you see the things you do and you realize that it is pretty intense. But I am excited for my time in England....Today we are cooking up a Thanksgiving meal with some of Katie and Rob's friends. This will probably be the most amazing meal I've had in a while!!! Tomorrow we'll be spending the day in York, where Katie went to grad school. Monday I'll be taking a train up to see Tabitha and Tuesday I get to spend the day with Katie at work! We are going grocery shopping for our feast tonight...but I'll write more later on thoughts as I leave the developing world.
Comments