You can help too!!!!
Yesterday was another great day with the women at the Pratiksha Home. I spent most of my time cutting up strips of old noodle packages (their version of top ramen) and watching the women set up a loom to make handbags with. Good think I love to do crafts!!! They are exploring with many different kinds of handcrafts to try to sell and earn an income with to survive. I like the baskets they make out of these packages. I want to help out in a small way….so I’ll be starting to collect top ramen and chip bags back home to send to the ladies. If you would like to help out and save your garbage-- you can help support widows and the environment and it is free without much effort!!! Any plastic package or package that has foil lining works great (like the small potato chip bags). Just try to open one side and not tear it apart. You can start collecting them and I’ll probably send out a box after Christmas sometime.
You can also still donate reading glasses to the Uganda Medical mission in November. We can take any kinds of old glasses or you can purchase reading glasses at the dollar store for $1 each!!!! If you would like to donate please give the glasses to my mom or Karen Robnett by the end of October.
You can also still donate reading glasses to the Uganda Medical mission in November. We can take any kinds of old glasses or you can purchase reading glasses at the dollar store for $1 each!!!! If you would like to donate please give the glasses to my mom or Karen Robnett by the end of October.
Comments