Elephants here I come!!!!!
Well, it's been a restful past couple days. Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon I watched the kids of the family I am staying at while the parents were able to have a night away. I'm glad I could help out in this way. It was also good to have some downtime! This morning I got up at 5:45am to go on a mountain bike ride just outside the city. Man...I am exhausted! Dodging motorbikes and dogs...but the views were amazing and it was great to get outside the city a little.
After church this morning I will be flying down to Chitwan where I'll be spending 2 nights at the Island Lodge resort in the elephant park. My one wish is coming true...I get to ride an elephant while watching for rhinos and tigers!!! Oh I can't wait! There has been some tension and protests down in the Terai region, so pray for safety and that the flights are OK. I'll have contact with lots of tourists, so pray for boldness in speaking the name of Christ during conversations! Also pray for some good alone time with the Lord....I know I need a good filling up of the Spirit to come back and finish out my last week in Nepal strong.
The Lord actually gave me a great verse yesterday that was exactly what I needed...2 Corinthians 3:5-
After church this morning I will be flying down to Chitwan where I'll be spending 2 nights at the Island Lodge resort in the elephant park. My one wish is coming true...I get to ride an elephant while watching for rhinos and tigers!!! Oh I can't wait! There has been some tension and protests down in the Terai region, so pray for safety and that the flights are OK. I'll have contact with lots of tourists, so pray for boldness in speaking the name of Christ during conversations! Also pray for some good alone time with the Lord....I know I need a good filling up of the Spirit to come back and finish out my last week in Nepal strong.
The Lord actually gave me a great verse yesterday that was exactly what I needed...2 Corinthians 3:5-
"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming fromWhat a great reminder that we do not have to find the strength and adequacy within ourselves to be servants of the Lord, our sufficiency is From Him and He give us what we need to do the work that He places before us. I've found many times on this entire journey, from the beginning until now, that there is nothing inside of me that could find the strength to endure and continue pressing on. I love what Philippians 3:12-14 says about pressing on and forward towards the upward call of God IN Christ Jesus....not that we have already obtained it or become perfect. We are all pressing on to achieve the goal of christ-likeness and godliness, nothing that we can do on our own, but IN Christ Jesus we can! AND I love that Paul reminds us that it is the SPIRIT that gives life..... Fullness of life and true joy come from living in the Spirit. Ok, that's my Bible lesson for the day. Thank you for your prayers and encouraging words you continue to send my way!!!
ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as
servants.......the Spirit gives life."
Comments
Praise the Alpha/Omega your health be on the mend! It's most assuring and exhalting of Christ knowing you're getting your integral strength back.
With regard to your post a couple days past of the idols in the taxi vehicle, I snobbishly noted how feeble and spiritually silly such a daily practice is. But then I thought, what might we have equivalent in our transportation here in the mightiest country in the world?
Certainly no eight-armed anorexic smurfs or jeweled Dumbos, eh?
I soon realize it is not simply a stereo in the car, but a PIONEER stereo.
Not just a speaker system, but a BOSE one.
A leather car interior? Ha! It's an upgraded Eddie Bauer Special Edition.
Even a fundamental steering wheel is specialized because it has a "T" embossed for Toyota.
--Securities in the idols of what is marketed to us trivial consumers as precious quality. For shame, no? So much for supposing we of the educated west were above such ancient golden calves.
Hallelujahs on Jesus for the light of He who is reliant, authentic, ever-present and just!
More prayers on your right and left lung improvement, bright eyes and hands as the channel for the Divine amongst those wonderful women, tourists and wee-ones.
Love shower ya, lass!
~L~sai