Elephant Bath


Yeah...I dont like water in my face!


Just taking a bath....


I took a bath with an elephant yesterday. It may have been the strangest thing I've ever done. I'm not a huge fan of water or big wild animals....so it didn't sound like a good combination to me. But come on...how many people can say they've bathed with an elephant in a river in the jungles of Nepal? Not too many...but I can now! It was actually pretty fun and I didn't even mind getting wet! I had a great refreshing adventure down at Chitwan Royal Park. I rode on the back of an elephant twice tromping around the jungle in search of wild rhinos, sloth bears and tigers. Never saw any Tigers, but I did get to see a couple rhinos!! I also got to take a nature walk, ride in a wooden boat in crocodile invested waters, and watch a tribal stick dance. I had such a fun time, made some new friends from countries all around the world, and got to play in the rain. My flight back got canceled because of bad weather, so I took a taxi back to Kathmandu with a couple from Madrid that I had made friends with. That was an experience! Taxis are not for the faint at heart. If you have a problem with car sickness...I would advise never to ride in one in Nepal! Let's just say after a long day's journey, I'm glad to be safe back at home in Patan.
Getting ready for a ride!


This is a real rhino, I know it looks like a plastic model, but I promise it isn't!
Tomorrow morning I'll be sharing a devotional again with the ladies at Project Rescue. I love these women, so I'm so thankful to have another day with them!! My last couple days will be with Project Rescue, Word Made Flesh, an orphanage, and going to a couple Nepali churches. I cant believe I have less then a week in Nepal! I've made this my home for the past month and I am just getting used to the sites and sounds, and especially the warm people! Pray for an impactful time for God's Kingdom this week!


Erica

Comments

LegoLiams said…
You got to ride elephants! Far out, yo!
Quite funny watching you get all wet. And then the Nepalese (sp?) guys are like, "Eh, another day, elephants, s'up. I got a stick."
You look like yer feeling much better, thank God's goodness.
Love yer last week in Nepal, girl.
Jesus zooms ya,
~L~sai

Popular Posts