Prayer from acorss the world

So this post isn't about me or my travels at all....it's about my dear friend Christina back home. If you haven't heard or don't know Christina, She is one of my good friends at Solid Rock back in Portland. I had the joy of getting close to Christina this past year, has God placed her in my life to share difficulties, hopes and the grace and goodness of our God together. A couple weeks ago Christina found out that she had a large tumor growing on her brain. The doctors are hopeful about the outcome and are pretty positive it isn't cancerous. The Friday at 7:30am (Portland time) Christina will be going into surgery for 6 hours to remove the tumor. I am asking all prayer partners to please remember to lift her up in prayer during this time. It has actually been really difficult for me to be so far away from home during "a time such as this." To not be able to support Tina like she has been so faithful to pray for and support me over the past year. I really wish I could be wearing a "Tina's Tumor Team" shirt and spend late nights laughing with the girls. I miss you all very much, but you are so close to my heart and I can feel God moving from thousands of miles away across the world. From what I've heard it sounds like the Lord's Glory is shining greatly in that place and all over the world by Christina's desire to make Him the center of this story. Christina is one of the most mature women of God I know and she has an unbelievable faith and dependence on her God. I wanted to share a few of her words that encouraged me so much! It's been difficult being away and having the stresses of serving cross-culturally in a land I've never been to with people I've never met before. I think it has been the warmth of the words that I've read about Tina's story that have upheld me and given me strength to continue on this tiresome journey.

"Your prayers are what has made this experience one of unnatural joy, peace, and absolute rest in His sovereignty. Your prayers have already produced opportunities for amazing conversations with surgeons, nurses, people in waiting rooms, etc, they've allowed details to fall into place effortlessly. They've allowed me to feel healthy and full of energy this week as I spend time with family and friends... which has been so incredibly sweet. Most of all, your prayers have surrounded our house in a protective bubble... so real and so tangible, we like to call it the house of peace.......My number one prayer Lord, remains the same. I pray that this situation touches all who encounter it for your glory. I have no idea why the story has spread so far and wide for little old me... but to become shy and timid about that would almost be disobedience and not trusting your sovereignty. I trust Lord that this happened to me for a reason, and it happened at this time for a reason--and so many people are involved in this for a reason! I ask, Lord, for boldness in conversation with everyone I encounter from family and friends, to doctors, nurses, receptionists. I pray that I never have to search for words, but you pour them from my lips saying exactly what you need to say to people to touch them in their own lives. I pray that my body and presence can be a beacon of your light that radically changes people as only you can do. No matter the outcome after the surgery Lord... I pray this never changes. Somehow even if I am severely altered or hurting physically, I pray your JOY and PEACE never leave me. Nothing of my own strength can accomplish that Lord..... and so here I am again on my knees desperately dependent on you." She then writes out Psalm 91 as a passage that the Lord has spoken to her personally during this time. Please read it and lift the Promises of our Lord up to Him on Christina's behalf. I love you sister and thank you for encouraging and touching my heart from the other side of the world!


Tina being her goofy self at the High School girls raft trip this summer :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I can empathise with what you are feeling as a friend of mine found out Monday the results from the removal of his brain tumor. His were not good. His tumor is in stage four and he was given 3 years to live. He is truly one of the sweetest guys I have ever met and it kills me that of all the people in the world for this to happen to it's him. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.
Crysie
Christina said…
Erica, wow! You blow me away! Thank you so much for all you wrote and for exposing me to so many praying people! WE FEEL THE PRAYERS!!! I'm working on getting an update out tonight... I LOVE YOU!

Popular Posts