Yesterday was a Hindu holiday called Teej. This is a festival where women dress in their red sari's and pay homage to the dieties for marital bliss . One of the OC teammates took me to the temple to see what this day was all about. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Thousands and thousands of women lined up for hours to wait their turn to make sacrafices at the temple to purify themselves from their sins and to try to win favor for their husbands. As I as walking through the crowds reality struck and I thought to myself...I've never seen so many people in one place that are in total darkeness, perishing and so lost. Hosea 6:6 says "For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings." It was difficult, especially when my heart aches for women bound by oppression and slavery. I know that my heart is for women, but I am still praying about what this looks like. Pray that God makes vision clear and that He directs my steps during the rest of my time overseas and upon my return. Also pray for a sweet surrender to my selfish desires and that I can truly hear the voice of the Lord!

Today has been a great day of rest...catching up on emails and posts. I got to lay by the local pool with the family for an hour. Tomorrow I am attending the International church (which will be so refreshing) and then teaching at the youth group in the afternoon. Pray for the kids and that God's words come through! Thank you once again for all your support, encouraging words and prayers! I like this verse I read this morning: 1 Thess. 5:24 "Faithful is He who calls you and He will also bring it to pass."
In Him,

Erica

Comments

Popular Posts