Final day in Lalibela....Next up: Mekele!

Tyler and I are back in Addis, staying at the Riviera Hotel near Hannah’s Hope. I’m looking to a hot shower and a comfortable bed tonight!

Today we got up at 5:30am to go to the churches of Lalibela to watch their mass. We got to see the sunrise over the beautiful plateau mountain tops. The priests were robed in white, chanting their prayers, as villagers came from all areas far and near to pray and pay their respects to the God they worship. It was a very unique experience, one that probably won’t be matched in the future.

Our Guide during our time in Lalibela is named “Adam” for short. He was an amazing guide. He was super informative and showed us the better, cheaper places to eat. Mango juice in Ethiopia might be my new favorite thing ever! They give you a lime to squeeze in it…YUMMY!

After our visits, we flew back to Addis and spent the rest of the afternoon at Hannah’s Hope w/ the kids. Oh man, was that a project! All the kids were hanging all over Tyler and I like we were a jungle gym. The kids are so full of love and joy; it’s a pretty special place.

Tomorrow we get up early again to hop on a plane to fly to Mekele. This is a town in the upper North part of Ethiopia. We have a Dr that we’ve been in contact with that has a couple projects, including a hospital he is building to show us. We’ll also visit AGCI’s women’s ministry and a few sponsorship families.

Tyler FINALLY got his bags back…after being lost for about 5 days. Pray that we are able to keep track of all our stuff the rest of the trip! I’m starting to really miss home too. I am enjoying my time in Ethiopia, and the country and the people have definitely surprised me, but I’m ready to come home too. Mostly I want to see my husband, my family, my friends…and cook myself something different then Pasta or Ethiopian food. ☺

Comments

Popular Posts