Hogar de la nina
Yesterday we had the most amazing day at Hogar de la Nina (all girls home in Santa Rosa). This is by far my favorite home I've visited in Guatemala! It was such a serene, beautiful setting. There are 115 girls living at the home ranging from age 4-15. All of them are either orphaned, abandonded, or come from abusived, poor situations at home. Although you would never be able to tell the difference. All of them had such joy and warmth to their personalities.
I think everyone on the team found a girl they completely connected and bonded with. For me that was Vivian. She was so soft spoken, sweet, and very pretty. She took me around the home and showed me everhthing. She helped me with my Spanish too! I really really wanted to bring her back home and have her as a sister! Leaving Hogar de la Nina was so hard....it was a tear-jerker for sure. I cant wait to come back to this home again next time I'm in Guatemala!
Today we are doing projects around Hannah's Hope and a couple art projects with the kids. A group will also be going to the Recycling Center to do a pinata party with the kids that live there. Pray that Jesus is shining through every single team member as they go out in His name!
The group at the girl's house...it was so hard to say goodbye to these precious girls!
Doing arts and crafts with the girls.

The sister's are so sweet!
The group painted a mural of noah's ark to brighten up the girls' room.
This is Vivian. She is the first girl I've met anywhere in my travels that I truly wanted to be my sister. Mom and Dad...how do you feel about adoption???? Please! :)
I think everyone on the team found a girl they completely connected and bonded with. For me that was Vivian. She was so soft spoken, sweet, and very pretty. She took me around the home and showed me everhthing. She helped me with my Spanish too! I really really wanted to bring her back home and have her as a sister! Leaving Hogar de la Nina was so hard....it was a tear-jerker for sure. I cant wait to come back to this home again next time I'm in Guatemala!
Today we are doing projects around Hannah's Hope and a couple art projects with the kids. A group will also be going to the Recycling Center to do a pinata party with the kids that live there. Pray that Jesus is shining through every single team member as they go out in His name!
The group at the girl's house...it was so hard to say goodbye to these precious girls!
Doing arts and crafts with the girls.
The sister's are so sweet!
The group painted a mural of noah's ark to brighten up the girls' room.
This is Vivian. She is the first girl I've met anywhere in my travels that I truly wanted to be my sister. Mom and Dad...how do you feel about adoption???? Please! :)
Comments