Back at Hannah's Hope finally!

I'm finally back at Hannah's Hope in the city! I feel like I've already been gone a month! It felt sooo good to get a warm shower, do laundry, order Chinese in Spanish, and check my work email (which was a little obnoxious). Tyler and I have been sorting through the photos we got and editing. I thought I would share a few...

This is the school in Xecotoj, the community that was built for the victims of the mudslides in 2005. There are 76 children in this make-shift school. They lack school supplies, chalkboards, and most things they need to educate their children. In May we will be bringing our mission group to this community to give them much needed supplies and chalkboards. We will be collecting items this spring...let me know if you want to help! (I'll post more info as the time gets closer).


This is the home of a family in Xecotoj where Ashley brings teams to eat a home-made Guatemalan meal. We spent the afternoon with them. The kids were adorable! (one is giving the other a kiss here).

Riding in the back of pickups in Santiago.


A bunch of the kids that were from the mudslide area of Santiago.

The beautiful Lake Atitlan in Panajachel.

Riding in a ferry across the lake...the many animated faces of Erica....

Swimming in the natural sulfer springs on the top of the mountains. It was so hot...like boiling hot!

This was at the Women's Refuge home. They were having a valentine's day party and all the kids were dressing up. This one wanted to be a Tiger...RRrrrrr...

Ashley playing "pica pica" with the kids in Chichi. It was quite the fun times...smashing paper eggs on eachother's heads. Ashley really has a way with the kids...they love her!

An old lady on the steps of the church at the market in Chichi. She was all smiles and giggles at us.

An aerial view of the produce room at the market in Chichi.

I bought flowers from this lady at the Market.

***All photos taken by Tyler Gould. (www.tylergould.com)

Comments

Popular Posts