Lions and Tigers and Giraffes, Oh my!

I was a tourist and went to the lion park today. It was AWESOME!!! I got to feed the giraffes and see their big black tongue lick my hand, I pet the lion cubs and got a little frightened, and watched lions tear apart wildebeest legs. I love Africa, you can't do this anywhere else! I also went to the cradle of man kind and saw fossils and ventured deep into the ground below in the underground caves. What a cool day! I also had some great conversations with the couple I'm staying with and got a better handle on this part of Africa. We drove by a squatter camp (they call them "informal settlements"). Basically they are really large slums of metal scrap built houses that have electricity and water. It was a huge reality check. I will be doing some feeding programs later in the month in here, that will be difficult, but such a humbling experience. Tomorrow I am going to the apartheid museum and going to a church where they do some crafts, etc. Ok, enjoy my photos...I had so many great ones today, but I'll just show you some of my favorites.






Comments

LegoLiams said…
My goodness, my guinness!
Look at you petting the giant hairy kitties! How hilarious! These shots make me laugh cos I wish I could be there to moosh them with you! Brah!
Be careful of the giraffe tongues for they are some of the longest in the world. Next to the blue whale, respectfully.
Elated you are feeling better and made it to the Africa sound and safe. --prayer answered, Check.
Godspeed'ja, girl!
~L~sai

Popular Posts