Taiwan!!!

I am in LOVE with Taiwan. This country is so incredible. I think I could live here, which I don't often say about many places. The food is delicious, the people are super friendly, and it is just beautiful.

Kate, Tyler, and I have had quiet the adventure since we landed in Taiwan. The first two days were spent in Taipei, exploring the town and orienting ourselves. We did a lot of shopping at IKEA and looked at every other baby type store we could go to for furniture and bedding, we didn't have much luck. But...we did end up finding a lot of stuff we needed at IKEA. We had fun trying to tape together all the boxes and misc. furniture together and laughed about how awkward this was going to be to figure out how to transport all the items to the hotel, and then to the airport, and then get them on the plane. We just went for it and found that God's Grace was completely with us. When we got the airport, we had 18 individual items to check, some very very heavy. We didn't know what to expect, but we anticipated some confused looks and a hefty fee charge. Well, we did get some looks, but we got ALL our bags checked without having to pay a single dollar!!!! We were dumb-founded. We quickly scooted away before they could tell us we needed to pay something. Wow, thanks Lord for that gracious surprise!

The past 2 days we've been in Taitung (southeast coast), which is just the cutest little Asian beach town ever. We've been riding our bikes everywhere in town....Tyler with his huge backpack full of camera equipment, using our little baskets on the bikes to tote our odds and ends around from place to place.

Today was the signing of the lease, which was such a privilege to be a part of. Then we got the keys and got to work on the home! The house is fantastic. Big enough for 50 babies or more I would say. We believe it used to be some kind of school, so there is a lot of work to be done this week, but it's going to be beautiful after it's all finished! Today we had a successful furniture shopping stop. We bought 17 more cribs, dressers, couches, and other misc items. Tomorrow we're doing more shopping...this time for paint, art, rugs, desks, and any other misc items. Yes, we are pro shoppers in Taitung now. :)

I'd have to say this is one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. When I started working at AGCI, I dreamt of being a part of opening a new Hannah's Hope, now that dream is coming true! It's going to be a busy, tiring, but awesome week!

Comments

Popular Posts