Leaving Taitung
Wow, I really haven't written much at all since being in Taitung. I guess that tells you how busy we've been! What a week. I am not sure I've worked this hard for as long as I can remember. Our team pulled several 16-18 hour work days to finish the Hannah's Hope Taiwan home. We actually accomplished everything we set out to do, which is just shy of a miracle! Our team painted 4 floors of house, including 5 baby rooms with beautiful murals. As physically draining and emotionally filled this week has been, I would not have wished for anything different from this trip. Every single person on our team brought their A-Game. :) Everyone pitched in and helped wherever needed. No one complained, everyone did a great job, and everyone found the energy to keep going....even until 2:30 in the morning! What a huge success the home was. Yesterday we had a "open house" and invited several people from the community to come see the home. The Governor showed up, along with a reporter and camera crew. All the staff at Morning Light, all the caregivers at Hannah's Hope, all our new friends we've made cannot be more joy-filled at what our team put together. There is nothing quiet like this home in all of Taitung County!
Today was our last day in Taitung. It was a day of celebration after a long, tough week of work, enjoying the town and people we have all grown to love. Our guesthouse put on a bonfire and Chicken roast tonight for our last evening....it was some of the best food I've ever had! By the way....the food in Taiwan is just so incredible...I can't get enough!
Tomorrow our team flys to Taipei for a day of siteseeing and shopping before heading home. We are all sad to leave this country....I would say it's probably one of my absolute favorites I've ever been to. I do hope I can return one day!
Here are a few photos of the Hannah's Hope...more to come later on!
Working on the Jungle-themed room.
Comments