Another great day in Guatemala...

The past 2 days in Guatemala have been incredible! Our team has been bonding and gelling together more and more. Our apparent slogan is...teams that sweat together, stay together! Today was one such day....

We drove to Santa Rosa for the day to work at and hang out with the girls at the all-girl's hom
e. We had an amazing day! We spend the first 4 hours on our hands and knees pulling weeds and trimming bushes in the gardens...all of us walked away dripping sweet with nice little sunburns. :) We then had lunch in the home of one of our special mother's that lives in Santa Rosa. It was a delicious, authentic Guatemala meal. In the afternoon we spent time with the girls. We did craft projects with them, played games, and got into a massive water fight! I was soaked! But it was seriously so much fun. All the girls remembered me from last time I visited, and it was so sweat being able to interact with them and continue building the relationships and friendships I formed in February. I will miss them so much!


Yesterday we went to 3 different homes. The first was a catholic home that had 53 babies, toddlers and a few 5 year olds. Many had special needs. This is one of the homes that future mission teams will be doing construction work in to help fix a wall that needs replacing. (sorry couldn't take any photos here)

Another home was the Zone 3 orphanage I visited in February. Ashley and I got to talk with the director about the needs of the home. We will be having several teams this year paint and do construction to help the home open a school for down-syndrome children. We are very excited to help this home help some of the
most needy children in Guatemala. Pray for this home and for the teams that God is preparing to do the work!

The last home we visited was an all-girls home. We loved this home and all the girls that are cared for in it. There are about 15-20 girls staying at the home currently. We were able to do makeovers and nails on the girls, they loved it! Then we played team-building games with them (like the human knot and snot river). We all had a blast!
We cant wait to start bringing more teams to this home too!


I really do have an amazing job. Getting to equip others to reach out and serve the orphans of the world. I love this work, but even greater is that I get to serve my Lord Jesus Christ in everything I do! I have seen evidence of His presence all around me this week. He is such a wonderfully perfect God!


Comments

Popular Posts